ARM based binary with GDB

Jambo,
Im trying to run an ARM based binary under the gdb (in x86 based CPU)
but without any success.

With GDB I use the following compile options:
./configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=aem-little-elf

and the binary is compiled with arm-linux-gcc (a toolchain that I
found from web).

The GDB gives me an outpout:
(gdb) target sim
Connected to the simulator.
(gdb) load
(gdb) run
Starting program: test
ARMulator can't allocate VM page: Cannot allocate memory

It seems that the brk() starts to loop and finally crashes. Is there
some memory configuration that I have to change? Is it even possible
to run an ARM based binary this way?

Any help is highly appreciated
Pee

Re: ARM based binary with GDB
Hi Pee,
I am also in the same arm-linux-gdb Boat.
But, i did it somewhat differently.
I am trying to debug a Arm Cross Compiled Program(using arm-linux-gcc)
using GDB.
normal GDB does not support debugging cross compiled programs.
So, I configured it with the target as arm-linux-gnu.
like :-->
./configure --target=arm-linux --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr

But, i was not able to get the arm-linux-gdb binary or the simulator.
how to get my armulator Up in My I386 Box ?

kindly give me some ideas in this regard,
thanx,
karthik bala guru