file storage and booting

Hiya,

Basically I was going to connect a compact flash to a development board, this is alrite and i have code samples so shouldnt have any major difficultys here,

Basically what I was woundering is if I have may files stored on the compact flash card, how would I get the device to load the kernel and stuff which i assume i would store on the compact flash.

What all i need on the development board a bootloader?

My code samples for the Compact flash allow read and write to it, so i suppose this needs to go in the microprosser/ controller.. but then what else would i need in the actual control?

cheers

greg

Reply to
jeff