Booting ATMEGA2560

Hi all ,

I have just designed a board with a JTAG interface and ISP interface ( with some good advice from past discussions on this forum)and have also bought the JTAG programmer. Now before I send the board for layout , I am looking at the nitty gritty of bootloading a hello world programme ( flashing leds!) on it. Does the ATMEL parts come preprogrammed with a standard bootloader in the boot section of the flash , so that I can compile link and load using the AVRISP mkII? If yes what are the functionalities of the boot loader?

If no are there any example bootloader for ATmega which i could use to start off, without reinventing the wheel.

BR Rate

Reply to
ratemonotonic

By definition, you do not need any code in the micro in order to program over ISP.

Reply to
larwe

"ratemonotonic" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

It is enough to download AVR Studio connect the AVR ISP to the ISP interface. No need for a bootloader. If you want to be able to do field upgrade later, without the AVR ISP or a JTAG ICE; then there are some application notes available on

or

Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
Ulf Samuelsson

meddelandetnews: snipped-for-privacy@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

thanks, Very good ! So I can get started developing code easy peasy! an worry about field upgrade at a later stage.

Reply to
ratemonotonic