device '/dev/vc/4' does not exist ???

Hello, I am using MontaVista Embedded Linux (PPC8xx) and I use DevRocket to build BusyBox root file system. After the system has booted up, it then keeps giving out this message:

device '/dev/vc/4' does not exist

What can be wrong...??

Thanks,

Reply to
rob

"rob" schreef in bericht news:YBIqe.2860$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...

Maybe the device is malfunctioning. Maybe the device driver is malfunctioning. Maybe it shouldn't have been configured, e.g. because it really doesn't exist.

Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra