ls -l Vs df

Hi,

DATA: I have an embedded linux system. It contains an 8 MB NAND Flash jffs2 filesystem. There are 4 partitions:

P1: bootloader P2: kernel - v2.4.18 P3: Flash fs (1MB) P4: Linux root fs

Only the flash fs is writeable. The system was cross-compiled with mipsel linux gcc. The problem below is with regard to the flash fs only.

PROBLEM: The memory usage displayed with ls -l does not tally with what I get with the df command. Why? For example: #ls -l -rwxr--r-- 1 root root 17315 Jan 1 2004 x1 -rwx------ 1 root root 133790 Jan 1 00:22 opfile

# df Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/mtdblock2 1024 1020 4 100% /mnt/disk

CONSTRAINTS: The system uses busybox instead of the entire set of linux tools. Therefore, commands like du, top etc. are not available.

Please let me know what's wrong and what other info u might need.

Thanks and Regards, Karthik

Reply to
karthik.naig