Compiling kernel for a TriBoard based on TC1130

Hello,

I bought an evaluation TriBoard equiped with the new CPU from
infineon; the TC1130. I'm french so I had to bought the board in
germany but this board is distributed by ADESCOM in USA.

I have a problem to compile kernel sources (from ADESCOM). It is a
problem of 'out of range' at the linkage time.
Anybody worked on this board ?? Did you have same problem ???
Below the error, in case of anybody can help me. At the very end of
this post I wrote some ways I'm studying in order to solved the
problem. Could you tell me if there are good ways or not ?

I installed and applied all patches to the HighTec compiler v2.4.1.3.
It need to be note that I use a Linux development machine (MAndrake
community 10.0), and that on a Windows+Cygwin machine it seems working
well.

Here the error which occurs when the 'make vmlinux' command is runned
under LINUX.
        tricore-ld -T arch/tricore/vmlinux.lds --defsym
load_address=0x80000000
--section-start start_ram=0x80000000 arch/tricore/kernel/head.o
arch/tricore/kernel/init_task.o init/main.o init/version.o
init/do_mounts.o \
        --start-group \
        arch/tricore/kernel/kernel.o arch/tricore/mm/mm.o
kernel/kernel.o
mm/mm.o fs/fs.o ipc/ipc.o arch/tricore/boot/ramdisk/ramdisk.o \
         drivers/char/char.o drivers/block/block.o drivers/misc/misc.o
drivers/net/net.o drivers/media/media.o drivers/video/video.o
arch/tricore/drivers/arch-drivers.o \
        net/network.o \
        arch/tricore/lib/lib.a /usr/src/tricore-kernel/lib/lib.a \
        --end-group \
        -o vmlinux
        arch/tricore/kernel/kernel.o:entry.S:198: Out of range error
        make: *** [vmlinux] Erreur 1

So I would like to know, why this problem occurs. I suspect that the
error
come from files 'vmlinux.lds', 'entry.S'. I saw those files delimit
data/code
RAM sections . I tried to change those sections size and address
without
succes. I ask me an other question about the MConfig files in the
HighTec
install dir. In fact those files seems delimit data/code RAM sections
also.

Best regards.

Site Timeline