Compiling kernel for a TriBoard based on TC1130

Hello,

I bought an evaluation TriBoard equiped with the new CPU from infineon; the TC1130. I'm french so I had to bought the board in germany but this board is distributed by ADESCOM in USA.

I have a problem to compile kernel sources (from ADESCOM). It is a problem of 'out of range' at the linkage time. Anybody worked on this board ?? Did you have same problem ??? Below the error, in case of anybody can help me. At the very end of this post I wrote some ways I'm studying in order to solved the problem. Could you tell me if there are good ways or not ?

A. "Compiling the kernel"

I installed and applied all patches to the HighTec compiler v2.4.1.3. It need to be note that I use a Linux development machine (MAndrake community 10.0), and that on a Windows+Cygwin machine it seems working well.

Here the error which occurs when the 'make vmlinux' command is runned under LINUX.         tricore-ld -T arch/tricore/vmlinux.lds --defsym load_address=0x80000000

--section-start start_ram=0x80000000 arch/tricore/kernel/head.o arch/tricore/kernel/init_task.o init/main.o init/version.o init/do_mounts.o \         --start-group \         arch/tricore/kernel/kernel.o arch/tricore/mm/mm.o kernel/kernel.o mm/mm.o fs/fs.o ipc/ipc.o arch/tricore/boot/ramdisk/ramdisk.o \          drivers/char/char.o drivers/block/block.o drivers/misc/misc.o drivers/net/net.o drivers/media/media.o drivers/video/video.o arch/tricore/drivers/arch-drivers.o \         net/network.o \         arch/tricore/lib/lib.a /usr/src/tricore-kernel/lib/lib.a \         --end-group \         -o vmlinux         arch/tricore/kernel/kernel.o:entry.S:198: Out of range error         make: *** [vmlinux] Erreur 1

So I would like to know, why this problem occurs. I suspect that the error come from files 'vmlinux.lds', 'entry.S'. I saw those files delimit data/code RAM sections . I tried to change those sections size and address without succes. I ask me an other question about the MConfig files in the HighTec install dir. In fact those files seems delimit data/code RAM sections also.

Best regards.

Reply to
saibe