Using Jumbo packets in gigabit ethernet

I have MV64360 Marvell board and I try to send Jumbo frames.
I configured the Port Serial Control Register to support Jumbo frames.
When I send block in length up to 1500 bytes it works, more then 1500
it does not work and I don't receive any error from the SW.
Why?

Re: Using Jumbo packets in gigabit ethernet

You need to check the maximum allowed packet length before sending
network packet to any medium. Usually it's 1500 for Ethernet. I suppose,
the IP stack will handle this for you when using the IP socket
interface, but with naked Ethernet I suppose you need to do it yourself.

-Michael

Site Timeline