Compiling CLEX sources on RPI

Hi all; I tried to compile Clex on my RPI (raspbian wheezy) after installing ncurses-dev (libncurses5-dev libtinfo-dev) but when I do sudo ./.configure this is the result:

root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/src/clex-4.6.patch6# sudo ./configure checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p checking for gawk... gawk checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes checking for gcc... gcc checking whether the C compiler works... yes checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out checking for suffix of executables... checking whether we are cross compiling... no checking for suffix of object files... o checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed checking for style of include used by make... GNU checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3 checking for library containing setupterm... -ltinfo checking for library containing addwstr... no configure: error: CLEX requires CURSES library with a wide character support root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/src/clex-4.6.patch6#

Any idea?

Thank you and bye,

--
Giorgio
Reply to

apt-get install libncursesw5

Reply to
Tony van der Hoff

-dev?

-- Global warming is the new Margaret Thatcher. There is no ill in the world it's not directly responsible for.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Il 21.10.15, piu' o meno alle 14:44, Tony van der Hoff scrisse:

Hi, and thank you. This is what happened:

sudo apt-get install libncursesw5

Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done libncursesw5 is already the newest version.

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 40 not upgraded.
Reply to
Giorgio

As The Natural Philosopher pointed out, you need libncursesw5-dev - this is the package with the headers against which the binary can link. Thus

apt-get install libncursesw5-dev

You might want to fix that, though. apt-get upgrade?

Reply to
Roger Bell_West

As Nat Phil pointed out, you need the developer version for compilation - the one you have installed is the user runtime:

apt-get install libncursesw5-dev

Reply to
Rob Morley

Il 21.10.15, piu' o meno alle 15:03, Giorgio scrisse:

Thank you all, your suggestions worked fine. The program works well. Bye,

--
Giorgio
Reply to