Compiling CLEX sources on RPI

Hi all; I tried to compile Clex on my RPI (raspbian wheezy) after
installing ncurses-dev (libncurses5-dev
libtinfo-dev) but when I do sudo ./.configure this is the result:
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/src/clex-4.6.patch6# sudo ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for library containing setupterm... -ltinfo
checking for library containing addwstr... no
configure: error: CLEX requires CURSES library with a wide character support
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/src/clex-4.6.patch6#
Any idea?
Thank you and bye,
--
Giorgio
Reply to
Il 21.10.15, piu' o meno alle 14:44, Tony van der Hoff scrisse:
Hi, and thank you. This is what happened:
sudo apt-get install libncursesw5
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done libncursesw5 is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 40 not upgraded.
Reply to
Giorgio
As The Natural Philosopher pointed out, you need libncursesw5-dev - this is the package with the headers against which the binary can link. Thus
apt-get install libncursesw5-dev
You might want to fix that, though. apt-get upgrade?
Reply to
Roger Bell_West
As Nat Phil pointed out, you need the developer version for compilation - the one you have installed is the user runtime:
apt-get install libncursesw5-dev
Reply to
Rob Morley
Il 21.10.15, piu' o meno alle 15:03, Giorgio scrisse:
Thank you all, your suggestions worked fine. The program works well. Bye,
--
Giorgio
Reply to