C/C++ library on AT91RM-EK

Hi all,

I am doing a project in which I am using AT91RM-EK board. I am using
2.6.20 kernel with latest patches. Eventually I have to run C++
application on the board. I am currently using GNU C library. The
problem is C++ library is way to big, around 20 MB. How can i reduce its
size? Or is there any other library available that can support massive
C++ application?

I have another problem also. I boot linux from a ram disk. Later after
kernel boots, I mount my SD card as the root file system. How can I
reclaim the memory used by the ramfs? I am sorry I am doing this all for
first time. Any advice or an internet link would be of use.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
--Himanshu

Re: C/C++ library on AT91RM-EK

You can expand the flash by using a USB memory stick
You can also build a small board which expands the flash using the
dataflashcard/SD/MMC-Card connector.
You can also try to find the U-Boot patches that were floating around
containing SD-Card fixes.

The SAM9260 (which is very similar to AT91RM9200) EK
has a large amount of NAND flash onboard.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Isn't there any other library with smaller footprint but can support all
features of C++?

Re: C/C++ library on AT91RM-EK

www.uclibc.org
cxx.uclibc.org