Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

No data on bus using mmap on ARM9 board
Hi, there I am using mmap on S3C2410 ARM9 board to write the data to SRAM, I can get nGCS2 and WE pulse, but there is no data on data bus, the code is listed below. What could be the problem? Thanks...
1
1

Cache reported in top and my board crashing
I have been noticing that my board crashes when the amount reported as "cache" in top reaches between 6000-7000K as I start applications. So, I decided to write a test program that simply wrote a log...
4
4

cross-installing grub : what next
Hello all, I've come to creating an image (busybox, kernel, etc.) of which I THINK it would work, once deployed on my target. I did this using ptxdist's cross-compilation possibilities. My host system...
1
1

Linux kernel 2.6.15 compilation problem...
HI all, Anyone tried to compile Linux kernel 2.6.15 on opensuse 11 (kernel 2.6.25) ? It is giving problem on filemap.c file..But compiling properly for 2.6.25 and 2.6.26 for default configuration....
1
1

embedded linux on PC for evaluation
Hi, i am embedded developer (vxWorks) and I would like to do some playing at home. I do have some micro controllers (netburner, modtronix) but I do not like the dev environment and both are too small...

Why not Linux on Atmel AVR32UC3?
I'm told that the Atmel AVR32UC3A/B (and their associated eval boards, the EVK1100/1) cannot run Linux because the processor doesn't have an MMU... hence something like the AVR32-AP7, at a minimum, is...
4
4

Secure/Scalable TCP stack
Folks, I am studying various options for a stable and secure TCP/IP stack. Security is of prime importance, which do you think fits the bill for a security small gateway product ? Is Linux any better...

Looking for accessory cards
I am contemplating building a somewhat complex heating control system. I find lots of sites that will sell me a single board computer, but not a lot of information on what bits and pieces I might need...
2
2

Any open schematics for a PDA or UMPC or digital photo frames out there?
Any open schematics for a PDA or UMPC or digital photo frames out there for a Linux based device? I want to do a cost evaluation. TIA
2
2

Seeking Information About C-Cube AVIA600, AVIA@tv MPEG Decoder Chips
Hello, does anybody have informations about (or is anybody old enough to remember) C-Cube's AVIA@tv MPEG-decoder chipsets, epecially the AVIA500 and the AVIA600? These chips are used in millions of...

JTAG on embedded platforms
Hello, I don't quite understand -- is it necessary to have a specific JTAG device for every specific board or it may be generally used on a variety of platforms. As I see, it is standard, so as long...
1
1

local_irq_disable() ?
On my single CPU system. I just noticed that local_irq_disable() (and local_irq_save) did not work. I expect my board should hold up afterwords, everything seems wokrs as usually afterword. I googled...

ARM9 & wifi & webcam
Hello. I just had bought dev. computer board, processor AT91SAM9260, 64MB ram, 512 MB flash & 8Gb SD card. Now there is Debian,custom build kernel 2.6.23 witch patches - installed by board seller. I'm...
2
2

Size of /var/log/messages vs. Size of cached
Is there a correlation between the size of the /var/log/messages file and the amount reported as "cached" when the top utility is run? I see that if I put a lot of log messages in the...
1
1

Rootfs for PXA270 running with 2.6.26.x
Hi all, thanks for reading first! I have a rootfs for 2.6.16 on PXA270, and now updated the kernel to 2.6.26, but the system shows: Kernel panic: not syncing VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown...
5
5