Looking for accessory cards

I am contemplating building a somewhat complex heating control system. I find lots of sites that will sell me a single board computer, but not a lot of information on what bits and pieces I might need to go with it, nor whether it can be mixed and matched with accessories from other suppliers.

And, on top of that, SBCs tend to be pricey - in fact the cheapest solution to to buy a slug (NSUl2), but then you have the problem that everything else has to come in the form of external USB-pluggable devices and you finish up with a bird's nest :-(.

What I need is:

SBC ARM-based with 32MB Ram, 16MB flash (or, better, room to add a memstick with just a bootloader in the onboard flash), ethernet connection, and some bus with a well-established interface.

Additional card for A/D converter(s)

Additional card for connection to push buttons, external relays, etc.

Additional card for LCD with maybe 100x100 pixels.

Possibly wifi card.

Possible battery backup.

Plus, of course, powersupply, enlosure, etc.

I have no problem with hacking the enclosure to take it all, and to provide bits of straightforward circuitry for sensors, pushbuttone, etc.

And I have head that the PFI bus might be sensible for the purpose.

But adding up all those cards from the sites that I have seen seems to be a bit pricey :-( .

Suggestions, preferably for stuff obtainable in the UK, or at least in Europe?

Email: chl@clerew.man.ac.uk      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
Charles Lindsey

TS-7200, depending of course on the definition of "pricey".

Janne

Yes, that was one of the sites I had looked at, but was put off when I saw the blatant "Qty 100" box (I should have read closer).

But there is no mention of availability in the UK, and I expect Import Duty and Tax would add quite a bit :-( .