~$100 SBC with audio and USB

Hey,

Are there any ~US$100 SBCs with audio and USB support with a processor
good enough to do MP3 decoding?

If not ~US$100, then what would be the cheapest?

TIA,

Siddhartha

Re: ~$100 SBC with audio and USB

Have you considered one of the Geode Based Thin Clients? These often
have a disk on chip, built in network, quantity of RAM, USB ports etc.
and of course network interface.

I think that Some have IDE headers, others have PCMCIA cards.

They nearly all have Sound output, so build an Linux based MP3 player
that either uses a built in hard disk or gets its songs from a server
somehwere.

On ebay, these seem to go quite cheaply, for a few tens of dollars.

Cheers, Vincent

Re: ~$100 SBC with audio and USB

Have you considered one of the Geode Based Thin Clients? These often
have a disk on chip, built in network, quantity of RAM, USB ports etc.
and of course network interface.

I think that Some have IDE headers, others have PCMCIA cards.

They nearly all have Sound output, so build an Linux based MP3 player
that either uses a built in hard disk or gets its songs from a server
somehwere.

On ebay, these seem to go quite cheaply, for a few tens of dollars.

Cheers, Vincent

Re: ~$100 SBC with audio and USB

I use a VIA EPIA board (Mini-ITX format) for this purpose. It is
running diskless, booting linux via ethernet. Via does offer several
different boards.

73, Mario
--
Mario Klebsch                         snipped-for-privacy@klebsch.de
PGP-Key available at http://www.klebsch.de/public.key

Look for the compaq ia2, which goes for $10 to $20 + $30 shipping
(that's the catch).  Some sellers might be willing to ship you just
the main board (we got one for $5 shipping).  With a +5v power (5
watts), you can set up an embedded firewall/web/mp3 server.

By the way, we will provide the Video, Audio, Modem (lucent) and
external USB ethernet drivers with our Compact Flash Drives.

See http://ide-cf.info-for.us/main.php?ia2