The art of Electronics 3rd (third!) edidtion

Any news on its release date, if any? I've found clashing information on this book: it's already out, it's due shortly or will remain a myth for years to come. Is it reeally going to be published soon or I can buy the 2nd edition safely? Thanks

Reply to
owl

Win is normally an active poster to these groups.

His relative inactivity here of late could be an indicator.

*-*-*-*-*-*-years-*-*-*+late.2009+Art.of.Electronics+too.busy

Reply to
JeffM

4cebc6e822/bfaf57aadf73d64d?q=*-*-*-*-*-*-years-*-*-*+late.2009+Art.of.Electronics+too.busy

Win's last comment on such rumors was to the effect that if anyone had a copy of the 3rd edition, please send it to him, as he wants to know how some sections turn out.

Given the differences between the first and second editions, if you're at all interested, pick up a copy of the second edition now. You'll use it, and you'll use the 3rd edition when it comes out.

--
Namaste--
Reply to

owl schrieb:

See Winfield's comments:

As of Jan 6,2009:

I'm sorry Rich, we're not done yet. But we have finished enough to be able to concentrate on material that's much more advanced than we had before, which you should find interesting.

BTW, if one of you manages to get a copy of the 3rd ed next month, please let us see it so we can finish sooner!

HTH

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

I asked Win a while back. I think it's progressing but may be a while yet.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

And likely influenced by the Osborne effect. He was around when the term was first coined ...

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to