Rugged small form factor PCs

I am considering PC-104s for my project. I can increase space/power however, to obtain higher processing speed with larger form factor boards. EBX sounds good, but I heard that it is not as rugged as PC-104. My application will be in rough conditions subject to G-forces.

Is there a product that has a standard, stackable PC board in a rugged, compact form supporting the latest Pentium processors? The companies that I have come across make fancy expensive enclosed units with LCD screens, carrying handles, or other things that we would not need.

Thanks

Reply to
DD

Search for "embedded PC" in Google.

Reply to
Sporkman

This search, along with my previous searches, results in a lot of boards with max speed of 1Ghz. Are there any rugged compact boards with modern processor speeds such as 3Ghz?

I am looking for the following,

- compact board size

- rugged circuit design

- shock isolation enclosure

- for industrial applications

- 100 ethernet

- fast 3Ghz or multi-processor

Reply to
DD

I'm curious, why do you need a 3GHz processor?

Applications other than the desktop/server market tend to lag well behind those markets. MiniITX and similar small-form factors would give you a compact size with a recent chipset that would support the latest processors, but without the designed-in ruggedness. You could always make an enclosure, at the expense of size.

Tim

--
Love is a travelator.
Reply to

John E. Todd         jtodd@island.net

Note: Ensure correct polarity prior to connection.
Reply to
John Todd