Help with datasheet for old siemens thyristor BST N 47 60 G

Hello all,

could someone please help me obtain the datasheet or an equivalent replaement for an old siemens thyristor?

The number on the thyristor shows BST N 47 60 G.

This is in an old induction melting furnace owned by my Dad and he is anxiously trying to get it fixed and was told that the thyristor has shorted out, but cannot find any data on this.

I will pay a reasonable amount if anyone can provide the info.

Thanks Jay

Reply to
jay

It seems to be an inverter grade (high speed) high voltage SCR. I don't have the detailed info on it, suggest you talk to these guys, who will cross-reference it and get a replacement part for you:

Oh, okay, sure, you can send me 10% of their invoice as a finder's fee.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Siemens Semiconductor became Infineon Technology back in 1999

What package is the device in? I've seen some huge 2400V go for over $300

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.

Reply to
maxfoo

NTE wants $330 for a medium size 300A 1200V stud-mount inverter grade SCR (NTE5375). Their prices are probably way high, as for most other things, but the "hockey puck" 2400V style in inverter grade is bound to be pretty dear. That's why it's probably best to get a professional opinion on the substitution, you don't really want to waste hundreds of dollars and possibly ruin other expensive stuff just trying something that looks close.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Right- and double check the other components in the inverter-like the resonant capacitor- a very likely candidate to short under stress while giving good meter readings out of the circuit.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Hi,

From the book - BSTN47C60 --------- Fast Switching SCR ------------------ VRRM = 900V IT(avg) = 425A VT @ IT = 18uS dV/dt = 500V/uS Tj(Max) = 125C

Cheers - Joe

Reply to
Joe McElvenney

Jay, with the prices that some of the replies mentioned it might be worthwhile to contact the manufacturer. For power semiconductors that are now made by a Siemens subsidiary:

You can write in English, unless you really want to try that German from high school.

Regards, Joerg.

Reply to
Joerg