I need to build one interrupt driver module with raspberry, but to make this possible i have to make one small in between board which should do following:
- i have one 12 VDC button that is connected to one external box
- when the user presses this button, i should send 3,3v to RSP GPIO
- start the TV ( connected over HDMI )
- this should trigger RSP program to display "user guide movie "
- when the movie is over, program should send shutdown signal to TV
So all together, this should be some multimedia help "station" that should be triggered on button press and when completed, it should stops to work. The process repeats it self every time the button is pressed. Btw. if you press button when the movie is running, nothing should happen...
What i dont know is:
- would it be enough to make some voltage divider from 12 to 3,3V and do i need some kind of additional protection ?
- how can i send startup / shutdown signal to TV ?
Best regards !