who isn't???

Sounds about right

--
Registered Linux User  http://counter.li.org
Don't get mad . . . .  Get Linux
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
no spam

>>I would like to state for the public record that the L.A. Times article ("Race >>for Governor) has a misquote from me. They stated that I designed the landing >>radar for the Apollo. My comment was clear that I was part of the TEAM that

did

>the design. Somehow that TEAM word was left out. To my colleagues that were

on

>that team, I offer my apologies. I was a dim bulb amongst the stars of the >>project. >> >>Nor do I chastise the Times. They had to get 158 biographies by telephone in a >>very few hours. That they got as much right as they did is a minor miracle. >> >>Jim Weir > >Huh? Why your biography? Are you running for governator ?:-) > > ...Jim Thompson

$3,500 hunh? ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

did

on

And a Democrat yet !-)

But there's a positive... Grass Valley! Go into *downtown* Nevada City and people are out walking their *wolves* !!

(I used to do designs for Silicon Systems before they TDK'd and then TI'd ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yup.

Jim

Jim Thompson shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:

->

->Huh? Why your biography? Are you running for governator ?:-)

->

-> ...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Weir

Jim Thompson shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:

->And a Democrat yet !-)

Yup. In any other county, I'd be a flaming conservative. In good old Nevada County (one step to the right of Atilla the Hun), I'm a moderate.

->

->But there's a positive... Grass Valley! Go into *downtown* Nevada

->City and people are out walking their *wolves* !!

They need them to protect from claim jumpers. We still take hundreds of thou$and$ in gold out of the creek that runs through downtown Nevada City and environs.

->

->(I used to do designs for Silicon Systems before they TDK'd and then

->TI'd ;-)

I played softball for Silicon Systems (still have the jersey). Some of my best friends have bailed from there into National, 3com, and the like, who are also up here.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Weir

snipped-for-privacy@cam.org (Michael Black) shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:

->

->So what's the story of the run for governor. Curious, I did a search,

->and it got a lot of hits for "Preliminary list of candidates for

->California recall election", and your name is actually there. But

->the stories I checked only had your name on the list, no details

->(and nothing about NASA).

I turned in my signatures (way over what I needed), my check, and my signed documents late Friday afternoon. We don't have mail service up here over the weekend, so the Elections Officer had to wait until this morning to mail the certified letter to Sacramento. You don't come off the "preliminary" list until the requisite original paperwork is in Sacramento.

Where did you get the NASA gig? I worked for an Apollo sub as part of the landing radar team on the LEM.

->

->Will this mean you won't be able to post for a while?

I'll post when I damn well please. Running for political office does NOT remove your rights as a citizen.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Weir

Scott Fritz, Jackie Snyder ??

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

"C What I Mean" shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:

->OK... if you know you don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning, why

->are you helping to make a circus out of this election?

That's what they told Jesse Ventura, too. Jesse's total political background was one term on the city council. Mine is two terms on the County Board. I may not have a snowball's chance, but if I don't run, I have even LESS of a chance, now, don't I.

I don't mean that

->with disrespect, and I actually don't mean it to be aimed at just you.....

->But, too many people are not taking this as seriously as it really is.....

->That makes the whole thing look like a cartoon..... It isn't a "fun" thing

->to do.. or at least it is not supposed to be. With so many wannabe's in

->there "just for fun", it takes away from those that have a real chance of

->winning.....

I'm running for me. But if everybody that comes out to vote for the "little guy" votes on the recall, then we've got more than the lunatic fringe from both ends of the spectrum making the decision, don't we? My standard line is to vote the recall down, if you don't like that, vote for me. If you don't like me, vote for Cruz. That's the end of the line, my story, and I'm sticking to it.

->

->Now with that said, your name sounds familiar. Did you ever know the guys

->at the now defunked Wilderness Electronics?

Nope. Teledyne Ryan for five years, Spectral Dynamics for two years, and RST Engineering for the last 30 years.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Weir

Keith Schoendoerfer, George Landsburg, Tim...(the memory fails, an excellent analog cat), and the rest of the design crew...

Jim

Jim Thompson shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:

->

->Scott Fritz, Jackie Snyder ??

->

-> ...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Weir

Is there a way of making the election last forever?

--
Then there's duct tape ...
              (Garrison Keillor)
 Click to see the full signature