Photo of inside of CRT

Anyone know where I can get a photo of the inside of a CRT? From the front as if the front glass were removed? It would make interesting computer wallpaper don't you think? :-)

Tom

--
Tom Veik
tlveik at megavision dot com

It would be a lot less interesting than you think. Mostly, depending on just how far in you "dissect" it, you'd see either the shadow mask (which will look pretty much like just a large expanse of sheet metal), or, if the mask is removed, you'd be looking down the throat of the thing and seeing mostly glass covered in spots with a black material.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Hmmmm,

Well I have a hammer here and a camera!!... heheh. 17" ok? Yes, that would be an amusing wallpaper.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but it's a good start!! Basically, you want it to look like the front glass is missing, heck, just animate electrons trying to fire at the glass ;)

Myron Samila
Toronto, ON Canada
Samila Racing
http://204.101.251.229/myronx19
Reply to
Myron Samila

Alternative suggestions:

- broken glass

- inside of monitor with whole CRT removed

Both are rather easier than a picture of the inside of the CRT funnel...

I've also thought about screen failures to be used as a screen saver (mangle the image to typical poor CRT look... bad convergence, fuzzy, retrace lines, pincushion/barrel distortion, nonlinearity, missing color, slight rotation... each rather more than a decent CRT would do in a random combination of strengths).

If done well it could really look like a broken monitor... :)

Thomas

Reply to
Zak

How about the classic indian head test pattern?

--
We now return you to our normally scheduled programming.

Take a look at this little cutie! ;-)
http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/photos.html

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hey, I like that idea even more. Lots more detail.

Tom

--
Tom Veik
tlveik at megavision dot com
Reply to
Thomas Veik

That is a good suggestion!!

OR!! How 'bout Microsoft's newest screen saver:

Blue screen VXD fault illegal operation CNTRL-ALT-DEL any programs not saved will be lost screen?!??! heheh,

That would freak out all the people you work with at least, seeing a blue screen!!!!! hahah.

ok, now back to work ;(

Reply to
Myron Samila

will be lost

screen!!!!!

There was one around about ten years ago that showed the inside of an AT-style computer - power supply, disk drives MB etc. I would have added a gerbil on an excercise wheel ;)

Reply to
Bob Stephens

For extra funkiness, make a video driver that does this in real-time.

Extra credit if it could be set so as to undo bad convergence/retrace/ geometry/...

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Or make it blur and shudder when coming out of screensave mode, a la degaussing.....

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

If you walk away from your box you just know some do-gooder will reboot it for you.

Reply to
JeffM

WARNING if you want to break a CRT be sure to breal the tit inside the base FIRST to relieve the vacuum, or the tube could implode when you crack the bell.

--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Yup, trying to cut open a CRT (or even just cutting or disturbing the tensioning ring) without first releasing the vacuum, is a very painful and messy way to be nominated for the Darwin Award. (g)

-A

"Shock, Horror, Bill Gates Cloned. Is this the end for I.T. ? (g)"

Reply to
Andre

"Andre" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

the