Wanted, Sony CRT

Ok, this is a bit of a long shot. Got a Sony Trinitron 28 inch TV with a duff tube. It's about 9 - 10 years old, silver plastic cabinet. I don't know the model as someone has removed the label. However I can get the number off the CRT if it helps (will have to strip down).

The fault is a reddish picture, with the front LED flashing 5 times (failure to auto grey scale)

Anyone throwing one of these out, nice TV, worth nothing but seems a shame to junk it as we have the matching cabinet.

Reply to
Clyde

Just wondering how you connected the symptoms, and diagnostic flashing, to be a bad CRT?

Reply to
PeterD

Agreed, I had the same thought as well.. Unless there is some information you left out, you should check out the repair f.a.q. There is a section about TV repair. I think it will help you get on the right track.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy