looking for a picture of CRT EHT arcing

Hi, I was hoping to find a picture on google images that showed how long a spark you can get from the final anode of a crt, ie 25kv

mainly to point how dangerous it potentially is, particularly when trying to discharge it.

but i couldnt find much, lots of other interesting sparks though, and some lopt based spark generators but doesnt show the scale so wel ie. relative to the inside of the tv or monitor.

I just wondered if theres any photo experts have managed to catch something like an eht flashover ? or though i think those are mostly internal to the crt and unseen.

Colin.

Reply to
colin

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

thanks i waded though lots more spark pictures

i went for this one in the end ...

doesnt show it actually in the TV as such but quite spectacular, and clearly uses a lopt, probably realistic of a high voltage monitor, perhaps a bit tweaked though lol. thanks Colin

Reply to
colin

On a sunny day (Wed, 9 Jul 2008 00:38:06 +0100) it happened "colin" wrote in :

It is not that dangerous, been bitten by that 25kV many times. It is only _dangerous_ when you take out the tube, and a spark hits you from the still charged CRT, and you drop the tube as a reaction. At one time I forgot to reconnect th HV connection, it was hanging of the workbench, and sparked through my pants. Makes you jump!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Not really apropos, but kinda kewl - in HS physics, they had a little lab with an old TV and a scope and meters and stuff. One day, I thought it'd be cool to scope out the waveform at the hor. driver anode, and it made an arc about 2" long from the anode cap to the scope probe.

I didn't get any pictures - I had assumed it was only going to be a couple of hundred volts - I had not learned about "flyback" yet. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

In most old tube sets i serviced (i was still a kid) the H. Output anode stayed under 1 kV when properly measured. The RF content allows much longer arcs to be sustained than expected.

Reply to
JosephKK