OT: Desk Attack

Ignore Cuatro and get all your papers dumped in the floor ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Genome

Yep. Black cats are neat creatures.

...Jim Thompson

LOL !

I got 'attacked' once by a neighbour's cat while I was at the PC. He wandered in through an open window next to a flat roof ( nosey cat ) - spotted me sitting at the PC with my back turned - *ignoring him * - and playfully pounced on my feet !

I'm sure he meant it to be a joke - but it gave me a surprise. Makes me laugh now though.

Graham :-)

Reply to
Pooh Bear

At least I know where all te Fat Cats are at.. ;-P

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Cuatro is a BIG cat... bigger than my Dachshunds.

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim,

Our dogs don't share that opinion. And they can be quite vocal about it.

One of them once made off with a schematic sketch. She laid down in the living room and placed it in front of her, guarding it with determination. The amazing thing was that there wasn't a single hole in the paper.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Looks like you might have a use for this software:

It won't keep your papers off the floor, but it may help if Cuatro starts hanging around the computer....

Reply to
Carl D. Smith

Now that's funny !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I'll share a basement attack story. My Dad loved electronics and earned his living that way. He built an awesome hi-fi system in the 1950's with a huge corner reflector speaker and a balls-to-the-wall amplifier. The amp was based on the Williamson Negative Feedback circuit. For those who don't know:

The family dog at that time was "Buttons." Buttons did not behave all that well and thus was relegated to spending his nights in the basement. He peed on Dad's awesome amplifier (which was on the basement floor at the time) and the amplifer never again worked the same ... it was prone to motorboating after Buttons watered it.

Never mess with pets!

Reply to
Charles Schuler

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:31:05 GMT, Carl D. Smith

And this for hardware

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs

Boris Mohar

Oh, ick. Cats.

That explains a lot.

;^j Rich

Reply to
Rich The Philosophizer

Hey !

I *like* cats. They're cool . Mainly - lol !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Behold, Rich The Philosophizer signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

EEEEEEEEEEEEK!

A non-cat person :-o

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"

A weird concept, a human that doesnt like cats.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Sure does. Unlike dogs, cats don't spend most of their time kissing your ass. If they like you, it's because you're worth liking.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

To read your message, I had to look past my cat, who sits on the desk in the space between me and the keyboard. Now he's assumed his favorite position - laying over my left arm.

-- Mike --

Reply to
Mike

I don't have a problem with cats as long as they're taken care of by their owners. The ones I do have a problem with are the ones that end up out in the urban 'jungle' fending for themelves, and especially the one that someone feels sorry for and starts feeding it. Then it starts hanging around the place, looking for a handout, and every time it sits down it leaves a pile of fleas that hop on you when you pass by. And the damned pests are too skittish to come close enough to catch, they're also a big problem with 'mating season', when a dozen males come hunting down a female in heat. How many people have lost shoes after throwing them at cats that kept them awake all night? Yeah, I thought so.

And now we have to put up with a 'possum that comes to the bird feeder at night for a free handout.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

earned his

with a huge

was

don't

all that

He peed

time) and

motorboating

Yeah, the neighborhood dogs kept lifting their leg on our mailbox, so my dad wanted me to make a zapper to hook up to it. Luckily I didn't hang around long enough to try.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th
[snip]

Our cat doesn't go outside... Our backyard abuts the "preserve", where wild creatures abound: coyotes, and owls and hawks big enough to fly off with a cat. Plus an enormous variety of poisonous creatures.

...Jim Thompson