Glue orvarnish for air coil windings?

I want to glue or varnish the windings of an air coil. The coil is made of coated (polyurethan) copper wire. Which is the best glue or varnish?

Reply to
Wim

a few coats of polyurethane varnish works well for me.

Chris

Reply to
exxos

Lacquer

Wim wrote:

Reply to
Jamie

Dissolve a chunk of polystyrene plastic in acetone. Use as much polystyrene as the acetone will take. It should come out the consistency of pancake syrup and dry within a few minutes when you coat a coil with it.

Clear fingernail polish will work almost as well. As will PVC cement.

Jim

snipped-for-privacy@home.nl (Wim) shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:

->I want to glue or varnish the windings of an air coil. The coil is

->made of coated (polyurethan) copper wire.

->Which is the best glue or varnish?

Reply to
Jim Weir