Electrical student need help

Hello, please can anyone there assist me with this ,am to Design a pulse generator delivering triangle topulses and square pulses with an output frequency of 1kHz and peak values of =B1 10V. Not to implement an external signal input source. Please i need appropriate circuit diagram and the components value for this ,as well as the output wave form either by pspice.Thanks

Reply to
kay

----------------------

Try reading some books on basic electronics, with plenty of schematics of theoretical and real oscillators from simple square to triangular to sinusoidal. Remember,in order to get a saw tooth (triangular) waveform you can do the integral of square wave. Look at some theory on OP-amps and what you can do with them. No one here will waste time (which sometimes translates into money ) to make the homework of a lazy student, so get to work. Reading is your friend...

Reply to
GM

Further to what GM wrote, it may help you to know that what you describe is commonly called a "function generator." You should be able to find a LOT of information about them in books, on the web, ... It took me maybe a minute to find a pretty direct answer to your question that way, but you'll LEARN a lot more if you think carefully about what's going on in the circuit.

You didn't mention what you've been exposed to already. Do you understand integrators? Feedback? Schmitt triggers (or comparators with hysteresis)? If so, you're about half way there...maybe more.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

How can we set up a new newsgroup for this type of question?

sci.electronics.clueless

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

...Jim Thompson

Here you go!

- Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

The thing that bothers me about questions that include sentences like, "i need appropriate circuit diagram and the components value for this as well as the output wave form either by pspice," is that this makes it seem it isn't about learning something but about avoiding learning. Like asking someone to provide a completed page of finished homework and not even bothering to worry if an explanation is provided, too.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

I agree ! It comes across that way very strongly !

--
Baron:
Reply to