Looking for a part...

Trying to find a 1K linear taper "mini" potentiometer WITH dpst switch. Seems everybody makes this part with only a spst switch, at least in America. If anyone could give me the manufacturer (and maybe part #) for such a component, I would be forever grateful. I did find a distributer for such a part in the UK, but the export tarriffs killed me. And that distributer doesn't divulge supplier information on their merchandise.

Any help would be appreciated...

Dave Houston TX, USA

Reply to
Dave

Option: use the spst to switch a solenoid (maybe you call it a relay :-) with dpst contacts.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

Hello Gerard,

Yeah, that is probably my only way to do what I want, I just hate to introduce another relay into an already complex circuit. But it would work... :)

Thanks for the encouragement.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Oh, and did I mention that the PC board is already crowded? That's the main thing...

Dave

Reply to
Dave

for

Part# 286660CM 1K, 1/5W, 16mm

Reply to
scada

Hey, cool! I ordered a catalog so I'll be ready next time. Unfortunately I decided I was going to have to find another way around this particular rock, and figured out how to use a DPDT relay to work with my current configuration and get what I needed. Thanks for the link and info though. If anything changes, or I find out my numbers don't work, I'll have it. Much appreciated.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Forgot to mention, what I ended up doing was removing a spst relay and it's associated dropping resistor, and installing the dpdt relay in it's place (with no need for a dropping resistor.) Overall, no loss of real estate on the PC board, and improved functionality of the device. Hope I didn't sound cavalier about not needing the 1K pot w/dpdt switch, I was just in a bit of a hurry when I made the previous post. I do appreciate the link, and have saved it as a favorite. Allied, NewarkInOne and DigiKey all let me down on this one. I'll remember Jameco, and definetely do business with them first next time. Come to think of it, there's a tool I need (and have needed for some time.) I'm off to see if they have it...

Thanks again,

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hope I didn't sound cavalier about not needing the 1K pot w/dpdt switch, I was just in a bit of a hurry when I made the previous post.

No problem, you can always use another material supplier. Glad to help...

Reply to
scada