Looking for a Sony part : 1-225-445-12

It is a 6x100k motor pot and it belongs to a STR-DB940 amp that fell on it's face :-(

Any ideas? Google was not very helpful.

Thanks,

Jan Finland

Reply to
Jack

Jan in Finland: What do you mean that "Google was not very helpful" ??? What did you type in the search line? I typed in "sony parts" in the search line and searched google. Within less than a second there were literally 22,000,000 or more hits with at least SEVERAL HUNDRED useful websites to go to. The VERY FIRST hit is "tritronicsinc.com"..... a very good supplier here in the USA.

** Sony Parts and Accessories ** Tritronics is the nation's ** one stop for consumer ** electronics parts from A to Z! **
** - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

If you refine your search line do some advanced searching I am certain you can find a more local supplier of the part you need.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Jack"  wrote in message
> It is a 6x100k motor pot and it belongs to a STR-DB940 amp that fell on
it's
> face :-(
>
> Any ideas? Google was not very helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jan
> Finland

Reply to
sofie

Same as Part No. 1-225-445-11 or 122544511 (without the dashes)

Used in Model - Location MDSS38 RV401 STR-D660Z U STRDA30ES RV1501 STRDA50ES RV1501 STRDE1015G RV401 STRDE925 RV401

But I believe these are all US Models. Now I am showing that the -11 part has been subbed to Part No. 122739511 / 1-227-395-11. See if that number comes up for you in Finland. Good Luck.

Reply to
Cobalt

OK, thanks for the info.

This part sells here for 90 euro (app. 100USD)!!

Jan

Reply to
Jack

Jack: About $100 USD is approxiamtely what I would have expected. Most REAL parts suppliers like Tritronics (the one that Sofie suggested in his reply post) will gladly look up your model number and description and cross reference the factory part number for you.... and sell you the needed part. When googling it is best sometimes not to get overly specific.... then as you get some prospective good hits you can narrow things down a little more with some refinement to the search line. electricitym , , ,

Reply to
electricitym

Well, I gave Tritronics a go and the part was very cheap, only 34 USD, but shipping by normal USPS was 60 USD !!! The actual shipping cost is no more than 15-20 bucks, max. !

Jan

Reply to
Jack