Home made Video - RF using old VCR Modulator

I would like to build a device to connect a CCTV Camera to a TV using an old VCR Modulator, does anyone one have a svhematic of this - I remember seeing a circuit a few years back but can't find one now.

Cheers.

Reply to
Jonathan Hedges

The VCR modulators are generally small metal boxes with several connection in then. The pinoput of those can vary, but generally the basic functionlity is the same. Typically the case is used as ground for power and signals. One pin is for modulaor power (usually in 5V to 12V range, can very between models), then there is one soudn output pin (typically directly suitable for consumer line level audio) and one video input pin for video (sutiable for standard composite video). Just connect the power and the needed signals, and you should get a basic VCR modulator to work nicely. I have done this to several video modulators. Before removing the box from old VCR I have traced which pin is which and what is the right oprating voltage. Then just done the wiring.

I have collected some links to vidoe modulator circuits at

Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
http://www.epanorama.net/
Reply to
Tomi Holger Engdahl