Connecting a Video player to an old TV set

If the VCR has a video input, you could plug the CD video's output into it, and use the channel 3/4 output of the VCR to the TV antenna input.

I don't know what exactly SCART is - Hmmm. I just figured out I have a browser too, heh. ;-) So I looked up SCART, and lo and behold:

will convert SCART to video and right & left audio, which could go into the VCR, then the VCR's built-in modulator will give you channel 3 or 4 for the TV.

Of course, if the CD player has video and audio outputs, then just use ordinary patch cables.

Good Luck!

Reply to
Rich Grise

I have a friend that has an old TV set and wants to see videos using a CD video player. Since the TV doesn't have a video input, the signal must be converted toRF. Can't I use the modulator on the VCR and tune the TV to channel 3/4 ? I know they sell modulators for this application but, does she need one?

Thanks

Vlad

Reply to
Vlad

Sorry, I made the common error of assuming that the Internet is an American network ( It isn' t) In this part of the world TV sets don't come with SCART connectors. Thank you

Vlad

Reply to
Vlad

Essentially all videos in the UK have SCART inputs, which you can connect the CD-video player to with the appropriate connector to. Then you just tune the TV to the video output, and turn the video to "AV" or whatever it calls its video input.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Oh well. I thought they might, which was why I added the "UK".

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Hello Rich,

SCART "adapters" are really only cables, plugs and solder joints. No electronics, generally. It's basically a gussied up interface connector that combines all those individual RCA jacks that you find on the typical American gear into one large connector.

Vlad needs to somehow get the signal into the VCR to use its modulator. Else, Radio Shack sells them separately. Cheap modulators are only channel 3/4, the one we have is digitally programmable over the whole UHF range.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg