Connecting a Video player to an old TV using a VCR

I have a friend that has an old TV set and wants to see videos using a CD video player. Since the TV doesn't have a video input, the signal must be converted toRF. Can't I use the modulator on the VCR and tune the TV to channel 3/4 ? I know they sell modulators for this application but, does she need one?

Thanks

Vlad

Reply to
Vlad

That should be fine, just select the alternate input on the VCR ( via the remote ctrl)

Reply to
LeucoB

that probably won't work because of video copy protection. Keeps people from copying dvd's on their vcr.

RAY J

Reply to
RAY J

Good point Ray That's probably the reason I can't get it to work. Must try with a DVD without copy protection.

Vlad

Reply to
Vlad

Reply to