Help With A Schematic

I've just completed this device and it does what it's supposed to(distort a guitars output signal) but has no gain... Can anyone help me try and get more gain out of this pig? Perhaps change some of the devices values...add pots? Who knows I don't... see this hyperlink to view the schematic (

)

Thanks

Bill

Reply to
william_gallagher

Have you considered replacing the 470 Ohm and 4.7 K resistors on the output with a 5 or 6-K pot? That should give you plenty of adjustable gain considering that the ciruit is just a simple peak limiter.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

As a afterthought, you could also increase the 22K resistor to decrease the amount of negative feedback in the circuit. Try replacing it with a 100K pot and see what happens as you vary the setting.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

The 22K resistor is primarily dc feedback as the emitter it is driven from is decoupled by a capacitor.

Increasing it would be a good idea I agree because it will raise the imput impedance.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell