Help With A Schematic

I've just completed this device and it does what it's supposed to(distort a guitars output signal) but has no gain... Can anyone help me try and get more gain out of this pig? Perhaps change some of the devices values...add pots? Who knows I don't... see this hyperlink to view the schematic (

)

Thanks

Bill

Reply to
william_gallagher

Change the ratio of the 470R and 4K7 resistors in the second transistor's collector. Try two 2K2's. You could fix the top resistor at say 1k, and make the bottom one a pot of 5k. Connect either end of the track as the two legs of the resistor being replaced, then connect the output capacitor to the centre leg. This should give you adjustable output, without altering the basic operation.

Any of these ' mods ' will alter the output impedance, but as it's such a simple circuit anyway, whose output impedance will be heavily influenced by the following load, I doubt that it will have any significant detrimental effect that you can hear.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

make