Help with a schematic!

I've just completed this device and it does what it's supposed to(distort a guitars output signal) but has no gain... Can anyone help me try and get more gain out of this pig? Perhaps change some of the devices values...add pots? Who knows I don't... see this hyperlink to view the schematic (

)

Thanks

Bill

Reply to
ag2217

What kind of a load does it drive? If it is high-impedance load, you can get a lot more gain by moving the 0.1 output coupling capacitor to the collector of the second transistor.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

This is for a guitar...an effects box that creates distortion...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gallagher

I'm not 100% certain but I think if you made the 4.7k larger, or the 1k smaller you would get more gain, also a potentiometer across the output would allow you to control the level with the amount of distortion staying the same (assuming you would be playing clean and bypassing the fuzz some of the time. Though no bypass switch is shown)

can

Reply to
DOUG OLMSTEAD