How to make a Voice Recorder?

I want to make a voice recorder using an MCU(8051 or PIC). The recording time doesn't matter at this time. I just want to learn how to digitalize inputted voice by a microphone and write it to internal RAM. And after this I want to learn how to make it voice again from 1s and

0s format and send it to speaker.

Thanks

Reply to
Tolga Onbay

I suspect that you're going to need a bit more than an 8051 becuse you're going to:

  1. Sample the sound and perform an analog to digital conversion
  2. Collect the samples into some form of a database
  3. Employ digital to analog conversion to reproduce the sounds

It's a trivial excercise, but in my opinion exceeds the capabilities of the 8051 to perform.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

wrote

of

IMO a PIC 16F88 using it's internal ADC, and running off the internal oscillator, should have no trouble taking 8000 10-bit samples per second. They could be sent out the serial port at 115,200 baud, written to SRAM or to some SPI memory device. They could then be played back with reasonable quality thru an R2R DAC or, if you really want to splurge on the sound quality, a $2 external DAC.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont