Adapter question

Hi can someone give some advice please. If I use a 9v 200mA adapter where a 12V 200mA is specified, to charge some walkie talkies, will this do the job? Will it cause problems? thanks in advance. Mac

Reply to
Moon

It may work, it may not. It mostly depends on if the battery and the charger circuit needs the full 12v or not.

No damage if you try so you can try. If it doesn't charge, 9v won't work. If it charges, it may be slower than usual.

--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
Reply to

It is unlikely to work, since the 9V adaptor probably won't supply sufficient voltage to charge the batteries, but you won't damage anything if you try it.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

I am not sure what there is to discuss here, Unless you are in the arctic or the outback, just go to the store and buy the proper part for the job. They don't exactly cost a fortune.

Reply to
Kevin R

You need the proper adaptor, or the batteries will not charge properly.

--
Jerry G.  GLG Technologies GLG
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to