OpAmp - easy question

Hey--

9V is a weird voltage in a lot of projects. We used OpAmps in an entry-level EE course where we had access to bench power supplies and could dial in 9V.

Now I'm working at home, and the project that I am designing will have an AC adapter which will provide 12V and 5V to the board. I'm wondering, can I provide the OpAmp (probably an LM7414) with 9V by using a simple voltage divider circuit? Or does the OpAmp have an internal resistance thats significant, and if so, is it constant or variable?

Thanks in advance

--
mehaase(at)sas(dot)upenn(dot)edu

Most OpAmps are (nearly) constant current, as far as quiescent current is concerned. I'd just use the +12V supply for the OpAmps.

...Jim Thompson