60mV per decade?

I've read the claim that diodes drop 60mV per current decade. I measured shottkys, standard silicon diodes, and b/e junctions. By my testing ONLY THE SHOTTKYs follow the 60mV rule. MBR3035PT: 59.3 mV 1N5818: 60.4 mV Ordinary silicon diodes 1N4148: 119 mV 1N4003: 102 mV I tested the b/e junctions of half a dozen different kinds of TO-92 pnp transistors, and all measure around 75 mV per decade, give or take a few millivolts.

Reply to
Tolstoy

Ah you must be a mathematician :-)

The difference between a mathematician and an engineer. An engineer and a mathematician are put in a room. At the other end of the room is a beautiful naked woman. They are told that every time a bell is rung they may move half the distance to the woman. The mathematician: I'll never get there.

The engineer: I'll get near enough. Start ringing.

Reply to
CWatters

CWatters wrote:

College dean, to the Physics Department: "Why do I always have to give you guys so much money for laboratories and expensive equipment? Why couldn't you be like the Math Department? All they need is money for pencils, paper, and waste-paper baskets

--or even better, like the Philosophy Department. All they need are pencils and paper."

Reply to
JeffM