4 layer PCB prototype manufacture.

I'm in the UK and looking to prototype a 4 layer board nominally 100 x

200mm.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a low price manufacturer for say 2 off?

I apologise if this question has been asked many times before.

I have come across Olimex but they only seem to do 2 layer boards.

Reply to
Fred

pcbpool.com maybe ?

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

are very good.

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

Fred schrieb:

Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
Autometer GmbH Siegen - Elektronik nach Maß.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tilmann Reh

2

Many thanks. I see sPoNiX has offered the same suggestion. However they do seem expensive for 2 of 200 x 100mm PCB on a 9 day delivery. Their online quote was 702.00 EUR.

Reply to
Fred

2

Many thanks. They seem very affordable, their quote for 2 is 174.00 EUR. However that's for 15 days and they can't do it it any quicker due to "capacity problems"!

Reply to
Fred

Yes I've used them as well.

They have/had an option that allowed you to purchase the extra board(s) they make at a discount. eg when you order 2 they sometimes make 3 just in case of problems. If all three work you could buy the third board at a special price.

I also used the free version of Target 3001 downloaded from the

web site.

The quality of the boards I got back was very good.

Reply to
CWatters

I doubt if you will get them much cheaper elsewhere. Their quality is very good, into the bargain.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Fred schrieb:

Currently, yes. They moved their main plant in August, and I assume they have some orders piled up during that time...

However, their quality is really good and especially for prototypes their prices are almost unbeatable. You should check if 15 days is OK for the moment...

--

In sci.electronics.design Tilmann Reh wrote: : Fred schrieb:

: > I'm in the UK and looking to prototype a 4 layer board nominally 100 x : > 200mm. : > : > Can anyone point me in the direction of a low price manufacturer for say 2 : > off? : > : > I apologise if this question has been asked many times before. : > : > I have come across Olimex but they only seem to do 2 layer boards.

:

Argh,

another "Internet Exporer" optimized site, leaving me helpless with firefox.

Probably they don't want customers...

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

If you send an email to the sales department, and not the webmaster, it will often get a better results. Most sales people work hard to get customers, and are seldom amused to hear that their web site discriminates and sends customers off to another business. Often times, web designers just go off and do what they want, and the rest of the company has no idea that they suck at what they do.

Might be worth a try.

Mark

Reply to
mountains

"Fred" wrote in news:41503f14$0$22756$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk:

Not in the UK, but worth a look, especially if you use Protel :

I've used them lots, and never a problem (as long as you nail down freight method and cost) M

Reply to
Mike Diack

I suspect carriage costs and time will prohibit Aussie companies.

I've noticed that Gerber files are no longer the preferred format for some manufacturers or there is a premium with them. I'm surprised with this given their historical standing.

Reply to
Fred

Requote with a 2-week lead time, or more, if cost is a major obstacle.

RL

Reply to
legg

Uwe Bonnes schrieb:

Sorry I forgot to mention that...

Yes, that's the only site where I use IE. I talked to them about this, and they told me that something in the calculation forms would currently work only with IE, but they would try to get it running also with other browsers.

Has been a while though, maybe we should contact sales management now...

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
Autometer GmbH Siegen - Elektronik nach Maß.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tilmann Reh

Two prototype boards can be transported between most business centers in the world within 48 hours for less than $50 US. Some places like Eastern Europe are still surprisingly expensive (more than the Far East to North America, for less than half the distance).

? What are they asking for? Design files?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

some

GenCAD seems to be gaining a little popularity.

Jeff

Try these guys. myropcb.com Ive used them lots of times with good results.

Reply to
CBarn24050

Spehro Pefhany wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yep - they take Protel (all the versions) *.pcb design files - Which, when you are doing DSPTH/SM/OL is a whole lot less hassle than a load of Gerbers + drill file. (IIRC,they will accept Gerbers, but charge extra). M

Reply to
Mike Diack

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 11:20 pm, Tilmann Reh did deign to grace us with the following:

Do you mean this one?

------------------------------ Price Calculator [Plot & Go]

PCB Type * (PCB's are delivered std. with Solder mask and legend on component side.) PCB dimension X * Min. 20 MM. - Max. 450 MM. Use decimal points if applicable. PCB dimension Y * Min. 20 MM. - Max. 450 MM. Use decimal points if applicable. Nr. of PCBs * (Max. 9 Pieces) Total Area Total surface area in DM2 Select country for delivery * Transport Mode * "By post" is only applicable for non registered users Delivery Term * Your Boards will be shipped after the number of working days you selected Price per PCB The calculated price per PCB excluding transport and taxes Transport Price Price of the selected transport mode Order price Total order price including transport and excluding VAT Total Price including VAT Total Price including transport and VAT (21% VAT for delivery into the European Union; otherwise 0%) If you need more options, use the "Verified" calculator. Plot and Go service is available for private as well as Business users. To order as private user click here To order as Business user, please login.

  • The text boxes don't copy/paste, but it does calculate; I'm using Konqueror. :-)

It's acting either like a CGI or very well-behaved javascript.

(that's the only form I've tested, so I could still be uninformed. :-) )

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise