Question on partial reconfiguration flow...Must use EDIF flow?

Hi, there:

I am a little confused with the partial reconfiguration flow.

In the Active module implementation, I found that I must use the *.NGO file. However .NGO file is only available when I use EDIF file as input, and XST cannot produce EDIF file.

Does it mean I have no choice but to use something other than XST (e.g. Synplicity) to synthesize my designs?

ngdbuild -p xc2v250-fg256-4 -modular module -active iq_gen ../../top1/initial/sig_gen.ngo

Best Regards, Kelvin

Reply to
A Day & A Knight

Hi, there:

I managed to use NGC file to replace NGO and a single ISE6.1 Webpack can do a partial reconfiguration now. Thank you for your postings.

Best Regards, Kelvin

file.

Reply to
A Day & A Knight