How to read/write raw bytes from a flash card in C++?

Hi, group:

I am intermediate in C programming, basically I programmed in Unix for digital signal processing...

Now I need to write a C++ program to read/write the whole volume of a FAT formatted smartmedia card...I can view the raw data in WinHex...now what I want is, in generic C codes to read all the data I see in WinHex...

Could anybody teach me on how to handle this kind of work? Any websites are welcome.

Best Regards, Kelvin

Reply to
kelvin8157

Thank you all for your replies! Basically I have some clue now. I will use WinHex to save my entire Smartmedia image into a mega-file... Then I will open the mega-file in binary access mode... And I will write some C codes to implement how to read/write (extract actually) files to/from this mega-file. That is all programming all about.

Eventually I will write assembly code or use FPGA to interface directly to my Smartmedia and do something fun with it...

Do I sound logical?

Best Regards, Kelvin

are

Reply to