Xilinx V4 Custom IP

I am trying to write a simple custom IP to get started. I just want to control the LED on my evaluation board. I want to be able to write a custom IP to prove to myself I am doing it correctly instead of using the IP provided.

I am using a Memec V4 UltraController II eval board and EDK 9.1 SP2. I created a template IP using EDK and then wrote my VHDL code to control the LEDs. The problem is I have no control over the LEDs.

In my led.vhd file I added to my entity and architecture: --USER ports added here pLED1 : out std_logic; pLED2 : out std_logic; pLED3 : out std_logic;

Then in user logic I added some internal signals to my architecture:

signal iLED1 : std_logic := '1'; signal iLED2 : std_logic := '0'; signal iLED3 : std_logic := '0';

And finally I added some assignments at the end of the architecture: pLED1

Reply to
SWAmdata