xilinx x2pro ppc custom crt0

Hi

I am trying to compile a file with custom initialization routines. Mainly to write my own assembler interrupt routines. I am using ISE/EDK 8.2 and the compiler that comes with the edk.

I followed the description as pointed out in:

(pages 128,129).

I copied cpu_init.S, boot.S and xil-crt0.s and modified the latter as described in the URL above. Currently i am using no interrupts and have no interrupt vector table. Finally i am linking my small c programm which does nothing but blinking some leds with the following makefile:

CC=powerpc-eabi-gcc simple.elf: simple.o boot.o xil-crt0.o cpu_init.o $(CC) -o simple.elf -nostartfiles xil-crt0.o simple.o cpu_init.o

-Wl,-defsym -Wl,_START_ADDR=0xffff0000

boot seems to be linked although -nostartfiles is given. objdump of the elf file looks good to me.

Thanks for your suggestions ST

Reply to
S.T.

Hi

Thanks for listening, i found the error. I had checked all memory regions... and they where located in brams but alas i haven't checked if the data segments where lying in the data brams. So everything works right now.

S.T.

Reply to
S.T.