Xilinx interview questions

Hi,

I have been called for a Xilinx internship (Computer / Electrical Engineering) interview. Could any of you please let me know what kind of questions may be asked?

Thanks,

Reply to
Abhi

I suspect they will ask you the kind of question that will allow them to decide whether you are suitable for the position or not. Is that not the purpose of an interview?

Reply to
David Spencer

Abhi,

Each manager has their own style for an interview. Mine is decidedly different than most. I ask about what you have done, and what you are doing (with FPGAs, software, or whatever is appropriate). I ask what gets you excited, what is it that you are passionate about in what you do.

I have no interest in hiring anyone who doesn't clearly enjoy their work, and who isn't excited about working (here).

Other managers will ask about your schooling, grades, courses, etc. I do not find that useful, as I know some of the best students become the worst employees, and some of the worst students become the best employees (education is required, but grades are not always a measure of what you learned, nor how you may perform).

Xilinx is also about how you, the person, how you will fit and interact with others here at Xilinx: how do you deal with difficult situations? How do you argue a technical issue? How respectful are you of others, and their diversity (we have employees from around the world working at every site). How innovative are you? Are you able to "think out of the box?"

Good luck,

Austin

Reply to
austin

On the other hand, I've found idiots don't get top class degrees from universities with a good reputation. This is an important part of the information needed to determine if the candidate is up to the task. I find it useful.

Out of interest, how many of the racist/mysogynistic/homophobic candidates that you've come across actually fess up to the fact that they hate the Welsh/Ellen DeGeneris/Ellen DeGeneris during the interview?

I wonder if 'waterboarding' would work as an interview technique? Probably illegal in a few states, perhaps the Xilinx jet could be used to carry the candidate overseas? Just thinking outside the box...

Cheers, Syms. ;-)

Reply to
Symon

Vomit comet(tm) ..? :-)