Xilinx FPGA Based Board Problem

Hi All,

I am new to FPGAs and my main interest is implementation of some signal processing algorithms on FPGAs. For testing the MEMEC (DS-BD- V2MB1000) board which has a xc2vc1000 fpga on it along with a xc18v04, I was trying to write a simple module. I am using the impact Parallel IV cable for download of my code.

I started with a simple VHDL code for a counter to be displayed on 7- segment display. Since it did not work, I slowly started removing code and now I have a single line in the architecture

architecture board of testLed is begin led

Reply to
Piyush Kaul

Hi Piyush,

A few things come to mind...

I assume that *is* the right location?

Do you have the schematics for the board? Sometimes the LEDs are wired up so that they come on if the pin is *low*...

Do you know that the board works at all - have you got any pre-done designs you could try on it?

Sorry not to have more specific ideas!

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
 Click to see the full signature

Try to light the led with a boundary-scan software like Scanseer

Put your FPGA in EXTEST mode and manipulate with its pins' signals. This way you can check PCB interconnections.

Reply to
SKatsyuba

Thanks Martin & SKatsy for your suggestions

I have tried out using the pin low instead of high and also checked and rechecked the pin configuration. All that seems to be fine so I have begun doubting the board.

I will check the scanseer utility and see if that helps.

Regards Piyush

Reply to
Piyush Kaul