XILINX Foundation Series 3_1i Problem with installation...

Hi, ALL.

Problem with installation subj. In time installation the program java.exe is under abnormal condition finished. It happens in WIN 98 and in WIN XP. Processor - CELERON 1700. What to do, help me, please.

Serg Zorin.

Reply to
óÅÒÇÅÊ úÏÒÉÎ

"óÅÒÇÅÊ úÏÒÉÎ" skrev i melding news:boqoau$22r0$ snipped-for-privacy@hq.mark-itt.ru...

My weak memory seem to remember something about java and this problem... You needed the latest java runtime environment to install this?

Reply to
Morten Leikvoll

"Morten Leikvoll" ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:d28sb.5758$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.e.nsc.no...

You

Hello. I have instslled JRE 1.3. All works. However only under WIN98. And me is necessary that all worked under WIN XP. Can I it make? And how?

Beforehand thank.

Reply to
óÅÒÇÅÊ úÏÒÉÎ

Foundation 3.1 was release about 3 years before Windows XP, so I would not expect it to work. You will need to get a newer version of the software. Try ISE WebPACK

6.1i or if you need to use larger devices ISE Foundation 6.1i.

Steve

óÅÒÇÅÊ úÏÒÉÎ wrote:

Reply to
Steve Lass

Steve Lass wrote: : Foundation 3.1 was release about 3 years before Windows XP, so I would : not expect it to work. : You will need to get a newer version of the software. Try ISE WebPACK : 6.1i or if you need to : use larger devices ISE Foundation 6.1i.

I expect old software to work, beside eventually hardware drivers...

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

Only if you run it on an old OS.

Nicholas C. Weaver

Nicholas C. Weaver wrote: : In article , : Uwe Bonnes wrote: :>I expect old software to work, beside eventually hardware drivers...

: Only if you run it on an old OS.

A Win32 program written at the time of e.g. Win95 will run on XP, as long as it doesn't do any bad tricks.

Uwe Bonnes

"Steve Lass" ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????: news:bp362a$ snipped-for-privacy@cliff.xsj.xilinx.com...

Hello.

To ALL, please. That I have.

  1. On a hard disk C: - WIN98.
  2. On a hard disk D: - WINXP

That I have made.

  1. Download JRE 1.3 from SUN.
  2. Has replaced files JRE 1.2 (Foundation 3.1i) with a files JRE 1.3.
  3. Has established the program under WIN98 (in my case it C:\XILINX). All works.
  4. Has copied files from a disk C: with on a disk D: (D:\XILINX).
  5. Has started installation Foundation 3.1i under WINXP.
  6. I do not attention to the messages (files that are already unpacked and are available on hard disk D:) java.exe.
  7. When installation was finished - all works and under WINXP.
  8. Already under WINXP are put update with 3.1 up to 3.3

That's all. By all thank for discussion and help. Also excuse for bad English.

Reply to

It Wrote óÅÒÇÅÊ úÏÒÉÎ (Sergey Zorin)...

Reply to
óÅÒÇÅÊ úÏÒÉÎ