IR USB device (Igor scheme) problem

Hi! I've decided to build an IR USB device, based on Igor Cesko's schematics

My choice was one with microprocessor. A guy skilled with electronics build it for me, and tested it in front of my eyes. On his PC everything worked like a charm, just like in Igor's tutorial. But problem now is that it wont work on my PC! I can't install a driver for it. After I've pluged it in USB, windows recognize it as IgorPlug-USB (AVR), and then i should install a driver. But when I direct windows to drivers directory, windows just say that that dir doesn't contain a driver for that device.

So I've tried on my HP laptop. On it a different problem happens. A laptop recognises an IR device as "unknown usb device" and say that it isn't installed properly (but it doesn't mark it with yellow triangle with "!"). And it doesn't require drivers at all during installation. I've tryed to force driver install but same thing happens like on my PC...

So I've tried on third PC on my job. There everything installs and works fine, just like on tutorial. I'm confused...

On all PCs I've used a same driver (IgorPlugUSB) downloaded from his site

Only possible difference is that first PC (from guy that build me an IR device) is old celeron with intel based motherboard. Other pc on which device worked was also with intel based motherboard. for laptop i don't know which chipset it uses, but my home PC is nforce4 based. Maybe problem is in mobo's usb controller?

Please help!

Reply to
Ges

Usb device drivers don't need to be customised for different host hardware. maybe it's a windows version issue?

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Well, both PCs on which it didn't work had most recent updated WinXP... On ones on which worked were WinXP but not reinstalled more that 2 years...

I have to reinstall my windows first, to test it on pure fresh windows

Reply to
Ges