Problem with windows XP start up

Please i know this is not the place for such a question but this is the best place for every question to me. I have a problem with starting my computer whose operating system is win Xp The machine starts alright but when it gets to the WELCOME side it stays there for a long time b4 opening up (abt 30mins sometimes). I have clearned the memory sticks, blow the M/C, repluged all the hardware components but the problem remains the same. I need help please. Thanks to everyone.

Reply to
fynnashba

If the computer has a network card, try taking it out and see if the delay goes away. If it does, look for an updated driver for it, or use another brand or model of card.

Reply to
Andy Sullivan

Might be hanging on some service trying to start up? Any extra unusual hardware like tv card. Pull all the cards out you dont need and see what happens.

Reply to
Jonathan

Best place to start would be to check your event logs for errors.

Reply to
JW