Problem with SOPC Builder in Quartus 4.0

Hi all,

I am using Altera Quartus 4.0 edition, which is working fine, as far as compilation of designs etc. is concerned. However whenever I click on Tools --> SOPC Builder (after opening a project), it gives me the following message in a message box:

------ Error: Path to Quartus SOPC Builder installation:

c:/program files/quartus/sopc_builder

contains spaces, which is not permitted. You will need to install Quartus at a location without spaces in its path.

----------

After clicking OK on message box, the SOPC template disappears and the tool is never instaniated.

I don't want to reinstall my Quartus edition again. If anybody has an idea on how this error can be removed or how I can change the path of SOPC Builder instaniation (say by putting "program files" as "progra~1" somewhere, as we normally do in such cases), please help asap.

Thanx in advance.

Reply to
Kumar Vijay Mishra

the

You might the following workaround, but officially we still reccomend that you install somewhere without spaces in the path.

Try using DOS's subst command to map the path with spaces in it to a drive letter would work. For example:

Then try running Quartus/SOPC Builder from the Q: drive. Jesse Kempa Altera Corp. jkempa at altera dot com

Reply to
kempaj

Hi Jesse,

Thankyou for the tip. It did work.

KVM.

Reply to
vizziee

Hi Jesse......

Ur tip did help me to start the SOPC builder. Since I am new to SOPC builder and Nios, I tried to follow the Nios HW tutorial. Everything went well. However, at the end SOPC Builder couldn't generate the system and gave errors. This despite my following the tutorial word-by-word. Is it related to the installation in a folder name with spaces.

KVM.

Reply to
vizziee