Webpack 6.3 and Spartan3-1000/1500?

According to this page

Webpack 6.3 supports both the XC3S1000 and XC3S1500. YAY!

Unfortunately, when I go to the download link, the link is only for Webpack 6.2SP3.

I just got my ISE 6.3 evaluation CDs (can be used either as a 60-day trial for Foundation ISE 6.3, or a unrestricted Webpack 6.3), and the CD-based Webpack 6.3 installation is limited to the XC3S400.

So is the information on Xilinx's page just plain wrong, or are there plans to upgrade BaseX 6.3 and Webpack 6.3 to XC3S1000/1500?

Reply to
puzzled

puzzled wrote: : According to this page :

: Webpack 6.3 supports both the XC3S1000 and XC3S1500. YAY!

: Unfortunately, when I go to the download link, the link : is only for Webpack 6.2SP3.

: I just got my ISE 6.3 evaluation CDs (can be used : either as a 60-day trial for Foundation ISE 6.3, : or a unrestricted Webpack 6.3), and the CD-based : Webpack 6.3 installation is limited to the XC3S400.

: So is the information on Xilinx's page just plain wrong, : or are there plans to upgrade BaseX 6.3 and Webpack 6.3 : to XC3S1000/1500?

Wait some more days. There should be a corrected Webpack 6.3 available in some days. Ther was one released about a week ago, but it contained errors and was withdrawn.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

Well, if webpack supports the XC3S1000/1500, will BaseX do the same ? I've recently bought BaseX (no sign of any upgrade in the post, mind, even though I've registered it etc...) but had resigned myself to using a '400 part because there's no way I could justify $3k (after tax/import duty/shipping) for Foundation. I'll be a bit miffed if the free version can do more than the pay-for version though...

(The real reason to buy BaseX was to use Linux. Webpack was the only thing I still had to use XP for, and the hassle of closing down everything just to use Webpack was a real pain...)

Simon

Reply to
Simon

They probably still working on the features ;-) If you look at the online shop, the WebPack has the support for the xc3s1000 & xc3s1500. If you download the comaprison chart, the support in WebPack is not there for the xc3s100 & xc3s1500.

So, less value if you pay for it ?

Xilinx, are you listening ?

It would be nice, if both packages would have the xc3s1000 & xc3s1500 support in them ...

Reply to
E.S.

It's my fault. Based on excellent availability of Spartan3 devices, I made a last minute decision to add the 3S1000 and 3S1500 to the WebPACK. Unfortunately, this was right after the CDs were created.

In 7.1i (Feb '05), BaseX will include these devices. If you are a BaseX customer and need access to these devices, send me an email and I'll work something out for you. I'm travelling today, so don't expect a response until Monday

Steve

E.S. wrote:

Reply to
Steve Lass