Xilinx Constraints Editor doesn't work anymore?

Hi:

I used to use the Xilinx Constraints Editor (XCE) (right click on the .ucf file under my source file, and open it) in Webpack 5.2i to assign nets to pins for Coolrunner XPLA3 projects.

Now I have updated to 8.2i (oh, why!?!?) and I find that when I open a .ucf file with the XCE, that in the ports tab, location column, all are read-only. That is, I can't enter pins here anymore.

I have figured out how to use PACE, but I don't like it. I like XCE.

Hmm, now I see XCE has this new "Constraints Window" that has a tab: "Source Constraints (read-only)" which lists the pin constraints.

Now why did they do that?

Is it impossible to use XCE to set pins anymore?

Thanks.

--
Christopher R. Carlen