xilinx spartan 3 $99 board...help

Does anyone know if Xilinx released the source files for the demo stuff that comes on the $99 Spartan 3 board you can order from them (made by digilent). I have the board, and would like to experiment with the vga that is demonstrated in the test demo, but I cannot find any reference to any source files.

Thanks,

Hank

Reply to
Hank

There are zip files for two reference designs at the bottome of this page:

The MicroBlaze Master System file contains code for, among other things, a vga controller. I don't know if it's the same controller that's programmed into the board's config PROM.

Seems pretty strange that the source files weren't on the CDs that came with the board.

Bob Perlman Cambrian Design Works

Reply to
Bob Perlman

Hey Bob,

Thanks, I will look at those files...I saw them earlier, but thought/think they are not what is on this starter kit board. There is no mention of this board using the microblaze core.

Good! I thought it was strange that source files were not on the CDs...at least I feel vindicated for my feelings of frustration. :-/

I have poured over the included Starter kit resource CD, but all it contains is a bunch of pdf app notes, copies of the included manuals, and a bunch of jpg images of the spartan 3 icon playing with himself.

hank

Reply to
Hank

they

Actually, I think the zip files you mentioned might indeed be what I was looking for. Thanks Bob!

Hank

Reply to
Hank

The MicroBlaze zip file on the web site includes an OPB VGA character mapped core with software drivers to use the core. The MicroBlaze Master system also includes a FSL PS/2 keyboard core with drivers.

The web site with the reference designs is:

Shal>

looking

Reply to
Shalin Sheth

Is EDK purchase neccessary to use the microblaze.zip file? I am a hobbiest and cannot afford to purchase EDK. Thanks.

Pratip

Shalin Sheth wrote in news:ccp2b6$ snipped-for-privacy@cliff.xsj.xilinx.com:

Reply to
Pratip Mukherjee