Xbox , chip mod & CPLD

The little bit I have read about these is that the more complex ones have two parts. The first part allows the user to interrupt the normal booting process and choose a boot device may it be a another boot PROM, flash memory card, or hard drive. The second part is alternative boot PROM. They probably hacked the one on the mother and using a BIOS chip from a motherboard with a similar chip set coded their own. Since the XBox is based on a PC platform, compared to Game Cube and Play Station

2 it probably would be easier to create a mod for the XBox but there is always all that nasty encryption surrounding the DVD-ROM drive.

Unless you trying to start a business I would imagine it would be cheaper to buy one and possibly modify the mod kit.

Derek

Reply to
DerekSimmons

Hi,

Does anyone have already heard about the CPLD that are part of chip mod for console??

And if there is any website talking about about making a chip mod?

Thanks

Alexis

Reply to
KCL

no i don't want to made a business and i have no xbox yet but as I am interested by FPGA developping a such device could be interesting for educative purpose

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
KCL